THE WOODROFFE BENTON FOUNDATION
Our Privacy Statement, which is attached, provides details of the basis on which we collect and retain applicants’ personal data and the rights that individuals have in relation to their data and how these can be exercised.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This would normally be when you are submitting a funding application to us either by completing our on-line application form to our “Ad Hoc” Grant programme or by sending us an application by email or in writing for consideration under our Long Term Grant programme or Trustees’ Discretionary Grant programme.
The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our work and to process your application for funding and deliver and monitor any resulting grant.
1. We will collect the following information relating to grant applications: name of applicant, contact details of applicant including email and telephone number, name and address of applicant organisation, copy of application for funding.
How We Handle Your Information
1. We will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties without your prior consent.
2. We will retain the information that we collect in relation to unsuccessful applicants for a period of 12 months. After that time, we will delete all information pertaining to the unsuccessful application except for the date of application and the name of the applicant organisation.
3. We will retain information that we collect in relation to those who are successful in obtaining a grant for a period of 7 years (current year and 6 subsequent years) from the date of the grant. After that time, we will delete all information pertaining to the successful application except for the date of application, the name of the applicant organisation, a brief description of the grant and the grant amount.
4. Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure anyone who provides a service or enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
5. We are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.
6. In the very unlikely event that we became aware of a data breach, we would inform the Information Commissioners Office within 72 hours and notify all those whose information we hold as soon as possible but within one week at the latest.
2. Individuals have a number of rights in relation to their data including access, rectification, erasure, restriction on processing and right to object. If you wish to pursue any of these rights, in the first instance, you should contact us on: email@example.com or by writing to the Trust Secretary at: The Woodroffe Benton Foundation, PO Box 309, Cirencester, GL7 9HA.
3. Similarly, if you have any questions about our Data Protection procedures or would like more information regarding the rationale or process that relates to holding personal data, they can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Trust Secretary at: The Woodroffe Benton Foundation, PO Box 309, Cirencester, GL7 9HA.
This notice was updated on 18th April 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at the Woodroffe Benton Foundation or to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Last updated: 18th April 2018